You can now give online to the Annual Fund through PayPal. Please visit the Give to Rivendell page for the link.
One of the many ways Rivendell earns additional funds is through the Box Tops for Education program. Recent earnings have been more than $500! Please submit any cardboard Box Tops and Bonus Certificates in zip-lock bags to the Office. There are five ways to earn Box Tops:
1. Cut out un-expired cardboard Box Tops on General Mills, Kleenex and Ziploc products, collect them in a Ziploc bag, and drop off at the Office. Get students involved in spotting them and cutting them out!
2. Collect Bonus Box Tops certificates (include in Ziploc bag with regular Box Tops). Here’s where to find Bonus Certificates:
- In stores during special promotions
- On specially-marked packages
- At checkout, printed on your receipt
3. If you receive a 14-digit Bonus Box Tops code at checkout or on a package, redeem it at the following link to be added to Rivendell’s account (you will have to create an account the first time): http://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/redeem-eboxtops Rivendell’s school ID is 583472.
4. Download and use the “Box Tops Bonus App” when you purchase General Mills or other participating brand products.
5. Link your Safeway “just for U” card to Rivendell in your account: https://www.safeway.com/boxtops
Katherine Taylor is the coordinator for Rivendell. Please feel free to contact her at katherinetaylor05@ gmail.com with any questions. Thank you!
Parents gather in the the third floor teacher office every Wednesday at 9:00 am to pray for concerns within our community. This ministry to our community may be the most significant (and most unappreciated) work we do on behalf of our children and our community. Please make an effort to join, if even for only a few minutes. All are welcome, and younger siblings are also welcome.
This year both pick-up and drop-off will be on Kentucky Street. Enter the line by turning from Lee Highway onto Kensington Street. Turn right onto 24th St. and right onto Kentucky St. Be sure to avoid blocking driveways and intersections during afternoon pick-up. This is courteous to our neighbors and required by Arlington County Code.
Please review – and encourage whoever picks up your children to review – our Drop-off and Pick-up guidelines, linked on our Parents page of the website. We also encourage you to arrange a carpool, if possible, so take a look at the map of our families, also linked on our Parents page. And always, drive carefully in the neighborhood. We want to be good neighbors.