We are piloting a text alert system for parents. If there is an urgent need to reach parents in our community, we will send a text alert. Please be sure your cell phone
information is up to date in our ParentsWeb so we can reach you. To update, log into ParentsWeb, go to Web Forms, then Update Contact Information. Click on each parent's Custodial Parent Form, and update your phone number. If you choose to OPT OUT of the text alert system, scroll to the Parent Alert:cell phone option and select "no".
Note that this is not for regular contact of individual parents, nor is it a way for you to text the school. If you need to reach the school or a teacher, be sure to use the
Office phone number, 703-532-1200, or send an email. If school is closed due to inclement weather, please follow our usual procedure and check Arlington County Public Schools for closures or check our website.
We are excited to announce that you can now give online to the Annual Fund through PayPal. Please visit the Give to Rivendell page for the link.
How can technology help you stay up-to-date with what's going on at Rivendell? There are some go-to places on the website, as well as an app that can simplify your life (a directory at your fingertips...entering parent hours with a few touches...). View these slides shown at Back to School Night to learn more.
Need to learn or refresh your memory of our school practices and guidelines? Find our Handbook online on our Parents page. Need to know the phone number, address, or email address of a fellow parent? Directory information may be accessed anytime on our ParentsWeb. Also, a printed copy of our abbreviated Handbook and Directory was distributed at Back to School Night. Additional copies may be purchased in the office for $5 each.
How would you like to turn your Starbucks latte or your Safeway or Target weekly shopping into a donation to Rivendell without paying 1 extra penny?Here is how…Shop with Scrip!
Shop with Scrip is a gift card purchase program where you purchase gift cards at FACE value and Rivendell receives a percentage of the purchase. Orders are made online at www.shopwithscrip.com. It’s a Win-Win situation – you get some shopping done while blessing our school! The money raised will go to the PTA fund, which is used by our teachers each year to purchase improvements for our classrooms and buildings. You can purchase cards for everyday shopping like grocery stores, Amazon, Lands’ End, Target, Starbucks, etc. Just do the following:
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com and click on register.
- Click the option to Join a Scrip Program.
- Enter the following enrollment code for Rivendell: F42L6BCL45981.
- Create an account.
- Enable Presto Pay to pay with your checking account online and follow instructions. (or you can order by check but expect 3-4 weeks for processing).
- Start shopping!!
- Download the new MyScripWallet app to quickly manage and reload existing cards.
Contact Becky Wagner at email@example.com with any questions.
One of the many ways Rivendell earns additional funds is through the Box Tops for Education program. Recent earnings have been more than $500! Please submit any cardboard Box Tops and Bonus Certificates in zip-lock bags to the Office. There are five ways to earn Box Tops:
1. Cut out un-expired cardboard Box Tops on General Mills, Kleenex and Ziploc products, collect them in a Ziploc bag, and drop off at the Office. Get students involved in spotting them and cutting them out!
2. Collect Bonus Box Tops certificates (include in Ziploc bag with regular Box Tops). Here’s where to find Bonus Certificates:
- In stores during special promotions
- On specially-marked packages
- At checkout, printed on your receipt
3. If you receive a 14-digit Bonus Box Tops code at checkout or on a package, redeem it at the following link to be added to Rivendell’s account (you will have to create an account the first time): http://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/redeem-eboxtops Rivendell’s school ID is 583472.
4. Download and use the “Box Tops Bonus App” when you purchase General Mills or other participating brand products.
5. Link your Safeway “just for U” card to Rivendell in your account: https://www.safeway.com/boxtops
Katherine Taylor is the coordinator for Rivendell. Please feel free to contact her at katherinetaylor05@ gmail.com with any questions. Thank you!
Parents gather in the Chapel every Wednesday at 9:00 am to pray for concerns within our community. This ministry to our community may be the most significant (and most unappreciated) work we do on behalf of our children and our community. Please make an effort to join, if even for only a few minutes. All are welcome, and younger siblings are also welcome.
Thank you to all parents who have taken care to avoid blocking driveways and intersections during afternoon pick-up. Remember, this is not only courteous to our neighbors, it is required by Arlington County Code. Please do not allow traffic to back up onto Lee Highway. If necessary, cautiously drive around stopped cars on Kensington Street, park your car, and walk with your child.
Please review – and encourage whoever picks up your children to review – our Drop-off and Pick-up guidelines, linked on our Parents page of the website. We also encourage you to arrange a carpool, if possible, so take a look at the map of our families, also linked on our Parents page. And always, drive carefully in the neighborhood. We want to be good neighbors.